Perfect Cobra - News - HD
- The COVID-19 pandemic has not had a significant impact on the company's internal processes: the PlayStation 5 is being prepared for launch in late 2020, as planned, and game development is proceeding without significant problems. Judging by Sony's comments, the production of the PlayStation 4 was slightly affected, but on this front everything is compensated by stocks from warehouses.
- Sales of digital copies and the number of subscribers of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now increased significantly against the background of the quarantine, but the profit for the year as a whole was lower than in fiscal 2018. Among the reasons is a decrease in sales of exclusives and profits from shareware games. In fiscal 2018, God of War , Marvel's Spider-Man and Fortnite exceeded expectations, while in fiscal 2019, Days Gone , Death Stranding and Fortnitefailed to achieve the same figures.
Sony does not disclose forecasts for sales of the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in the coming financial year --- as analysts suggest, due to the unstable state of the global economy at the moment. Plans for sales of NextGen should be announced in August, when the first fiscal quarter ends.
- The PlayStation 4 sold 110.4 million copies. For fiscal 2019, Sonysold 13.6 million consoles --- less than in 2018 (17.8 million), but more than planned (13.5 million). Among the reasons for the decline is a decrease in demand towards the end of the generation.
- The number of PlayStation Plus subscribers reached 41.5 million people --- 5.1 million more than at the end of the previous financial year.
- The share of digital copies in game sales for the last quarter of fiscal 2019 was 66 %. In the same period of 2018, this figure was 45 %. The growth of "numbers" is associated with quarantine.
Watch game shows and let's plays with gamers from around the world. Comment and chat with streamers online. Scroll the feed with the best posts from our streamers, give grades and leave comments. Subscribe to your favourite streamers to stay up to date.